Re: X problems with kernel 2.6

Paul Mackinney wrote:

Thanks a million. Since I was running without X, googling for the answer
as a previous correspondent suggested would have been difficult. Now I'm
off to read those 2.6.x docs...

If you're not aware, there are text-mode web browsers (lynx is the best known one; links can be considered a variant; I think emacs has a browser mode, etc), so you don't need X to google. But perhaps you mean that googling in a GUI is easier than googling in text mode; I'd probably agree with you there.

--
Kent