X problems with kernel 2.6

Greetings:

I'm having a little bit of trouble starting X with kernel 2.6.4 from
unstable, I was using the standard kernel that comes with woody, then I
upgraded it using the normal method: apt-get install kernel-image.....
With the old kernel X work flawlessly, but after the upgrade it start
having troubles with the mouse, the error is:
Cannot open /dev/psaux device does not exist, the thing is that it does,
cuz I went back to 2.4 and X worked just fine.

Is this just a bug that is being fixed or it is actually a problem in my
computer; any hint in how I can work with this problem will be
appreciated.

Well, have a nice day everyone,
Didier.