Re: What happens if one of the source.list are no longer found.?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 at 11:16:04 +0000, Ramasubramanian Ramesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I use testing as my standard distribution.
>
> Now I see 4.3 is in unstable (and not in testing). I think that getting xfree86 4.3 from unstable
> will get me going (I am not an expert in apt-get so please take it with a grain of salt when I say
> "I think") But I do not want to turn my entire distribution to unstable. Any suggestions?

If your system is stable woody you cannot install a package from
unstable sid; you may install a backport package from sid which is
(compiled) for woody.
This is a FAQ so search the list for more info.
Saluti, Mauro.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
GnuPG key ID: 28A61681