Re: Concurrent connections on file server

Hi (other) Ken

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 16:37, Ken Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> I'm new to Linux, and don't know that I would be able to administer
> this system from the command line at this point. My hope is to get a
> Linux file server running to show it's stability and reliability, and
> move toward more Linux solutions in the future. It will also be a good
> chance for me to become more proficient with Linux, and possibly be
> able to get the company to help out with my training.
<snip>

You might want to try Xandros Business (www.xandros.com) which is built
on Debian Sarge. You can run almost any Windows application on it and
set it to logon to windows domains.

You will find it different to Windows in the sense that its more robust
and secure... Usability remains very friendly.

I am currently testing it out for our call centre here too :-)

Only downside to Xandros is that there is no free version.

An alternative would be to get Debian sarge and buy "crossover" from
www.winehq.com this will help you to run almost any windows app on
linux.

Regards,

Ken