re:Debian queries

> I just apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.x-k7-1 (were x is currently
at 4
> reflecting the latest kernel release, and k7 is because I have an
athlon xp)
> and the latest kernel is all set up for me.

If it is that easy, then life has taken a weird turn.  But it's done
that before, so I guess it's possible.

I ordered the CD's (I have a thing about owning the CD's and don't
mind buying them) with a $5.00 contribution to Debian (why they
suggest only $1.00 for such cool stuff I don't know...even $5 seems
paltry)  which should come next week sometime.  I will likely install
it on my second HDD alongside SuSE before I decide if I am going to
make it my main OS or not.  Currently it's still microsoft, mainly
because of games, but I am sure this will change sometime in the
future when Linux gets a little more optimized.  Please don't pounce
on the games that already run well in it;  I know which ones do, and
most of them I don't play....and I can't quite get my video card to
work properly.

Thank all of you for your advice and assistance;  will post again
if/when I hit some bumps.
----