Re: Can't use gaim with yahoo account

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

I am using debian testing.
Since I cannot find yahoo messenger in the debian packages, I thought of using gaim. But in gaim, whenever I go to accounts button and click on the on-line box, a window pops up and says something like this

username has been disconnected
date
unable to read

   reconnect    close

Even If I click on reconnect, nothing happens...

I am able to use hotmail account without any problem. The only problem is with yahoo account. Can someone tell me what I should do?

thanks
raju

Same here. Yahoo has a tendency to change their protocol every so often, which breaks third-party clients. Not much to do about it except wait for the GAIM maintainers to reverse-engineer the new protocol and release an updated client, or use Yahoo's client (ymessenger, not in the Debian respository, as you've already discovered).

--
Kent