Re: Debian queries

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:21:13AM +0000, users@linuxforums.org wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.  More insight is very welcome, so keep them
> coming.
>
> So far what I think I am going to do is wait for SuSE 9.1 and the new
> release of Debian (which I presume will both use the 2.6 Kernel) and
> re-compare, based on user opinions.  But the info now is welcome.

I don't speak from any kind of "official" position but I don't think
2.6 is currently considered stable enough to be made the default for a
Debian "stable" release. However, that doesn't mean you can't install
Debian and then install a 2.6 kernel. It's perfectly possible to
install 2.6 even on the current stable, albeit with a few backports of
things like module-init-tools and e2fsprogs.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons