Modules for sata controler

Hi
I have been attempting to install Debian for the first time on my pc.
But I am having a problem getting the installer to recognise my Via
VT8237 sata raid controller.  I am trying to install Debian from a DVD
with Debian 3.0r0 on it.  I have heard there is support for my
controller in kernel 2.6.x and I have a copy of kernel 2.6.1.  The
Debian installer gave me an option to install modules from a floppy
disk. My question is how do I find the right Modules in the kernel and
move them to a floppy that the installer can read? I have never compiled
a kernel

Thanks
Chris Lowe