Re: mounting extended or logical partions

Hello

Christopher J. Noyes (<cjnoyes@cjnoyessw.com>) wrote:

> I managed to mount my primary DOS/Windows FAT32 partitions on my two
> hard drives, i.e. /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda2 but I can't mount the
> logical/extended partitions, i.e /dev/hda2 /dev/hdb2 etc. Does anyone
> know an answer for this?

You cannot mount the extendet partition, only the logical drives in the
extended partition. Logical drives start with /dev/hd?5.
dmesg | grep "hda:\|hdb:" can tell you more about your partitions.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976