Re: how to export messages from outlook express

root wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the last steps of my migration from M$ to Debian. I have 400MB of
messages that I need to have available in my mail client. Using Ximian
Evolution right now.
I need suggestions on how to do it.

TIA
Hector

I haven't looked in a couple of years, but when I was looking, Outlook was a one-way street, like the Hotel California. You can get your data in, but you can't get it out.

I think there may be some pay-for tools now that will do it, but I haven't looked lately.

The easiest free route is probably to use your server's IMAP capabilities (hope you have it) and move your Outlook messages to the server using IMAP, then pop, fetchmail, IMAP them down to Evolution.

--
Kent