Re: AW: no audio cd play from CD writer

Apparently, _Simmel_, on 03/19/04 11:09,typed:
<Any idea
<where I start debugging? BTW, cdrecord sees both. readcd works on both.
<eject works on both. Filesytems CD's can be mounted on both. ONly the
<xmms cannot see tracks on the CD when it is in the cdwriter.

Hmh, sounds funny but are you sure you provided a cable for the cd writer,
too? Normally you connect the CD-roms to the sound card or sound chip part
of the system board. Are you sure you did this for both cd's?

As I'm not into X very much I can't tell if the X-Server handles the sound
over (magically) over the ide cable, but I don't think so...... normally a
"hardware" cable is needed.

Just an idea, as I always say, "sometimes you don't see the forest, because
of all the trees!" *laugh*.... (German saying)...........

Simmel

P.S.: Maybe to make sure it's really not hw, exchange the two cables and
test again with the normal cd-rom

Yes, I didn't check that. But does that also explain why I cannot get the tracks listings in xmms or in the "cd play" application?

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)