RE: RE: Installing from testing on stable - will it be stable after a new release ?

clive@clivemenzies.co.uk wrote:

>To upgrade to testing, I presume you changed /etc/apt/sources.list to >something like the following:
>
>deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib deb-src >http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib deb >http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib >non-free
>
>If you now substitute "sarge" for "testing" you will get the stable >updates when sarge (currently testing) goes stable.  You will then be able >to substitute "stable" for "sarge" and continue to run the then stable >system.
>
>I hope this is not as confusing as I think it might be ;)
>
>Regards
>
>Clive

Yep i did configure sources.list that way, and your explanation is clear enought for me to understand.

It's easy to maintain a debian system onde you get to know it's structure and the apt system.

Thanks Clive and Thanks Debian
Pete

--
Thanks