Re: Debian Install (Sid)

Krikket <krikket@gothpoodle.com> writes:

> I've played with a bunch of Debian variations, and have come to the
> conclusion that I want a Debian (sid) install on my system.

Given that it tends to live up to it's (unstable) name, why?
Seriously, what is in sid that you want that bad that you cannot get
From backports.org?  Sid is *not* for people new to Debian.

> Given: One computer, and the ISO's (well, at least the first iso)
> downloaded and burned onto the CD, how the frell do I install sid?

You don't.  There is no installer.  You upgrade to it after you
already have a working Debian system and have a good idea at just the
kind of hairy stuff you're going to run into when you move to sid.
Just stick to stable and use backports.

> Can someone send along a pointer as to where I should be
> looking for those instructions?  'Cause at this point, I don't have a
> clue.

RTFM, the link to the Installation Manual is right on http://debian.org/

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com