Conflicting Packages: Developing an OpenGL app.

Hi,

I am trying to develop this game under Debian Woody 3.0r2 (very cutomized though) using plib and
the OpenGL libraries. To run the application I need mesag3. The thing is that when I do an
"apt-get install mesag3" (using the unstable releases) apt tells me that it needs to get rid of
the following packages: "glutg3-dev libglut3-dev plib1.7-dev xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-gl-dev
xlibmesa-glu xlibmesa-glu-dev" which are exactly the libraries I need to compile my app! I hate to
have to switch between both mesag3 and the libraries every time I need to test my application or
compile it. Has anyone encountered something similar? Are there other packages around that can
co-exist and fulfill my needs which are to have OpenGL installed along with the header files
(gl.h, glu.h, glut.h, etc...) and plib1.7-dev?

I am developing this app. under KDE 3.1 and XFree86 4.4.0. I compiled my own kernel (2.4.25) that
I downloaded from kernel.org.

Thanks in advance,
Ib