Re: burning CDs, or, Ah, now ESR's rant makes sense . .

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:45:19AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 01:57, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > > Anyway, thanks for the pointer to k3b; it looks like it might
> > > work; I'll give it a spin and report back.
> >
> > Nope:
> > > /usr/bin/mkisofs: Resource temporarily unavailable. cannot fwrite
> > > 32768*1
>
> Go the k3b site (linked from KDE-apps.org) and download the most
> recent .deb. Install it with kpkg -i --force-all.

--force-all is REALLY DANGEROUS. Don't use it unless you are a developer
of dpkg engaged in serious debugging in a test installation. The most
memorable example of ill-advised use of --force-* that I remember
involved somebody ending up with /usr/sbin as a file rather than a
directory.

If you have to use --force-overwrite or something, then fine; but read
'dpkg --force-help' first and take heed of the warnings.

Cheers,