Re: ide-scsi emulation not working

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:38:23AM +0800, Enrique Samson Jr. wrote:
> on the other hand, i had just tested sarge netinst. it has the default
> kernel 2.4.25-1-386. ide-cd and ide-scsi modules are loaded by default
> but cdrecord -scanbus can't detect my cdwriter. xcdroast also needs
> scsi-emulation for it it said to run properly.

I haven't seen this whole thread, but have you told the kernel on
bootup to assign that to the ide-scsi module?  The ide-cd module will
grab it first if not told to ignore it...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,