Re: gnus: How to automagically handle GPG

Incoming from Paul Johnson:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:37:11PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > Incoming from Paul Johnson:
> > > I'm wondering if it's possible to make gnus automatically try to
> > > do the Verify and decrypt command on every message viewed, and to sign
> > > all messages posted or sent.  Has anybody done this, and if so, what
> > > do I need to add to my ~/.emacsrc ?
> >
> > For the former, I believe you need only add "auto-key-retrieve" to
> > your "keyserver-options" line.
> >
> > For the latter, I can only point you at /etc/Muttrc; all the gnupg
> > stuff in there works as is.  You can do the translating into lisp.
>
> Wait, what?  Gnus became mutt when?

The commands gnupg uses in mutt are very likely the commands gnupg
will use in Gnus.  The difference is, those in Muttrc are in muttese,
which you now need to translate into Gnus/lisp.

If there was a Lookout! for Linux, and you wanted to use gnupg with
it, I'd point you at Muttrc for that too.  In mutt, they work.  It's
up to you to figure out how to transplant them.

- -