Re: Really, I still don't have sound

Hello

Mark Healey (<deblist@healeyonline.com>) wrote:

> I still haven't managed to get sound up and running.  It looks like
> everybody is stumped but I'm resubmitting the problem and including
> all that I gathered in the last attempt to get it working.
>
> I installed woody stable kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4
>
> When I boot knoppix it uses via82cxxx_audio and works.  I have that
> module installed so I added the line to my "via82cxxx_audio" to my
> /etc/modules.

Maybe the kernel is too old and doesn't support your card properly. Try
to upgrade to a newer one, e.g. 2.4.25. You can get precompiled
packages from <http://www.backports.org>. Install the proper package
and configure your bootloader to use the initrd.

> Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
> ferulebezel

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674