Re: nvidia and kernel-image-2.6.3-1-k7

Yes, you will require to compile your own nvidia module. You do not need to build a custom kernel for it, just installing the kernel-headers should be enough.

I tried this earlier, but the nvidia install process seems to fail. It complaints something about scripts/file2alias.c. Basically something similar to this http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-portuguese/2004/debian-user-portuguese-200403/msg00280.html

gokul

Enrique Samson Jr. wrote:
Hi.
I'm using kernel-image-2.6.3-1-k7 on a Knoppix-3.3 hd-install. I'd like to install the nvidia drivers but there aren't binary packages available yet. So, I think I will have to build it myself. Will I have to build my custom kernel to build nvidia driver as kernel module? http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html points to a guide that suggests just this. Please advice. Tnx.