RAID on a Dell Poweredge 1750

Anyone have experience with Debian Stable on the 1750?
I'm wondering what is required to get the PERC hardware RAID controller
working on that machine.

This to run a small web portal (say about a million hits a month) using
Postgresql.  Cost (somewhat) and ease of support (mostly) is important.

I'd also like to hear opinions going low-end IDE vs. say two SCSI drives
in RAID 1 using the on-board hardware RAID controller.

I'm leaning more toward two low-end machines to have a backup machine around --
100% uptime is not critical, but getting running again (by remote means)
within say 1/2 day is about what I would want.  Seems like a setup with
a mirror machine is a good low-tech solution.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org