Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:49:48AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:24:01PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| > On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:50:57AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
| > | Hi Debian!
| > |
| > | Did you see that in announce? The next stable release is 13 cd's. That
| > | just about prevents all people on 56kb modems (many in the so-called
| > | "third" world) from downloading them and
| >
| > | will I ever see the set if I "order" them in Mexico by mail?
| >
| > Certainly, if I can assume that mail delivery in Mexico can be reliable.
|
| Hell, mail delivery in the US is slow, expensive and unreliable, how
| are we to expect it to be somehow better in a third-world country?

Well, there are other options - FedEx, UPS, etc. - if the government
doesn't meet the requirements.  The only question asked was whether or
not the disc(s) would arrive.  Speed and price weren't mentioned as
criteria.  I a single CD is light and small enough to not cost much to
send, I expect, (or else AOL wouldn't give me free coasters :-)).
(admittedly all thirteen cds would be a bit more expensive to send,
and other sub-threads have covered the fact that usually only one or
two cds are actually needed) As for the USPS, I haven't experienced
unreliability with it.  While I've never mailed something to Mexico, I
have sent envelopes to Romania and they arrived intact (after about a
month).

HAND,
-D

--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981