Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:25:18 -0600
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> So who knows how much more than 6 weeks if you use jigdo. I know, I
> don't need the 13 CD's, but read my qeury further down on how you find
> that what you want is on a CD that you didn't get and the reason I want
> CD's is that I don't have to use the net.

Well, OK, *IF* you are not willing to use the net to install some of
your packages, then yes, you'll need the CDs.

However, I confess I don't understand your view.  Here's why:  you
apparently would be willing to download and burn all the CDs if there
weren't so many (otherwise, why be unhappy with the number?); and you
did just that with the 7 CDs making up Woody.  You're unhappy because
it'll take a long time to use the net to download all the ISOs for
Sarge.  But you *don't* want to use the net to download only the
packages you want -- an approach that would take *much much much*
less time (since you're not fetching things you're not interested
in).  You're upset about the time it would take to download all the
ISOs; but you're not interested in an approach which would cause
getting the packages you want to take a lot less time.  I guess I
don't understand that.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)