Re: Dark fonts in console

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 11:51:21PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
| After upgrading a couple of my sid boxes (to 2.6.3-1-k7), after the boot
| I find that the console fonts suddenly turn dark just before getting to
| the login screen. It's like the brightness on the monitor suddenly gets
| dropped down to 20%; not so dark you can't read the fonts, but dark
| enough to strain your eyes. Brightness levels in X seem fine; it only
| affects consoles.

Not a solution, but I saw the same effect on a machine with an ATI
Rage 128 when I loaded the aty128fb module.  Not loading the module
prevented the dimming.  (that machine is a server anyways so I just
left it at 80x24 VGA)

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.