Re: svgatextmode question

harry_b@mm.st wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding svgatextmode.

I installed a new HDD in my notebook and installed a fresh SID system on it. Everything works nicely except that I can't get svgatextmode working again like it did before.

The notebook has a neomagic graphics chipset (Neomagic Corporation NM2200 [MagicGraph 256AV] (rev 32)) and svgatextmode works almost well, except that the cursor is missing on bootup. When I restart it (/etc/init.d/svgatextmode restart) I get the cursor back for the current console. The other consoles stay without cursor though.

In /etc/TextConfig I have the line
Cursor 26-31
which seem to define a propper cursor.

I also had to create the file /etc/default/STM_nocheckfb to get it working at all.

Before my complete new Debian installation (was also SID) it worked like a charm and I don't remember that I had to do anything to get it working.

Does any2 have an idea what might be wrong?

TIA, Harry

You have no backup of the older system to copy TextConfig from? I am very careful to keep that intact and keep copying it from system to system.

Hugo.