Re: Looking for nice, small display manager

Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 13 Mar 2004, W. Borgert wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice display manager (for XFCE4).  My
expectations are:

* good looking :-)  (GTK+ 2 preferred)
* small (not hundreds of dependencies on GNOME, KDE, ...)
* remote capable (XDMCP support)
* "system menu" (reboot/shutdown)

Considered so far:

gdm - best so far, but much too many dependencies on GNOME
kdm - not installed, too many dependencies on Qt/KDE
pdm - seems to be a graphical login w/o XDMCP, still GTK+ 1
wdm - works, but I had problems with "system menu", not sure
     about XDMCP
xdm - works, but is ugly, IMHO

My preference would be gdm minus GNOME, but maybe other
Debian users have better ideas?  If nothing helps, I will
use xdm.

Cheers, WB

Icewm?

AC

Fluxbox. I moved to it a couple of years ago and can't leave it now. It has features that the hefty wm's don't have (tabbed grouping for applications, mouse wheel switches desktop, and many more).