Re: Eterm, gnome-terminal, UTF-8 woes

Hello.

Thomas Dickey:

> Is Eterm maintained, still?

Seems to be *maintained* ok (newest Eterm is 0.9.2, newest package
is 0.9.2-5), but I'm not sure whether it's still developed.

> xterm (as uxterm) does UTF-8.

Yes, I know. The problem is I like the translucent
backgrounds, and the tabs are really useful...

> I _see_ about as many bug reports for gnome-terminal as
> for xterm. (but I _look_ for bug reports for the latter ;-)

Well, I wouldn't count it (the inability to change the encoding in
gnome-terminal from commandline/script) as a bug, rather as a wishlist
item. I just hoped that perhaps it is possible, but not documented in
the manpage.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--