Re: xlibmesa-gl1-dri-mach64

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:09:48 +0100
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> If one installs this one, the following would be removed:

	[ removal list snipped ]

> Since I was running without x-window-system until now, I suppose I could
> let that go but the other stuff?
>
> I rarely succede in actually using libqt3-me-dev but presumable should
> be able to use it. What about the rest of xlibmesa? All the stuff in
> brackets?
>
> What gives here?

The package you're trying to install presumably has a list of conflicts
in its control info.  apt-get wants to remove those conflicting packages
in order to install the package you've asked for.  Since some of those
packages provide dependancies for other packages, those would have to go
too.  You can use the apt-cache command to see the Depends: and Conflicts;
lines for a particular package.  man apt-cache for more info.

It's hard to be more specific than that, because the package you're
referring to (xlibmesa-gl1-dri-mach64) doesn't appear to be a Debian
package (that is, it doesn't show up at all at p.d.o).

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)