Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:50:57AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi Debian!
>
> Did you see that in announce? The next stable release is 13 cd's. That
> just about prevents all people on 56kb modems (many in the so-called
> "third" world) from downloading them and will I ever see the set if I
> "order" them in Mexico by mail?
Well you can still use jigdo or download a netinstall image and install
the rest via apt-get. Ok on a slow modem line it is hard to download it
but otherway you've to order a CD set or ask someone with big pipes to
download it for you and burn it.
Otherwise from time to time it happens that someone provides a one CD
version you could use.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak