Re: Replacement for arts that will work with KDE?

On Sunday 14 March 2004 00:59, Joseph Jones wrote:
> Since a recent upgrade, I have noticed artsd's resource use spiking
> unexpectedly, causing major system slow-down.
>
> Does anyone know of a way of using esd or anything else with KDE
> instead of arts?

> PS. For anyone who remembers, I did finally get 2.6.3 working :)

I had similar bother with arts when I upgraded between 2.6 releases -
but have had no bother since I picked ALSA under
Control Centre->Sound & Multimedia->Sound System->Sound I/O.

I had been using the 2.6 OSS API emulation before as I hadn't
discovered the MAKEDEV.snd script in the kernel sources to make the
ALSA /dev nodes.

Martin