Re: samba/stable 2.2.3a-13 -- samba doesn't accept connections after upgrade -- solved

Peter Sebastian Masny wrote:
Hello all,

I just installed the 2.2.3a-13 security patch for samba (and smbclient and samba-common). Now samba refuses connections.

Error connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Connection refused)
2487: Connection to XXXXXXXX failed
SMB connection failed

I have samba through inetd, which is running. Reboot didn't help either (old windows habit).

Got it working again.  I think I know what happened:

1) On original install I configured with inetd startup
2) Later changed /etc/defaults/samba by hand to daemons and removed samba from inetd.conf 3) Update of samba reprocessed the package configuration and changed startup back to inetd...BROKEN

4) Fixed by running dpkg-reconfigure samba and choosing daemons.

Peter
ps-list@masny.dk