Re: Postfix and Procmail setup

Incoming from Lorenzo Rossi:

> I would like to change my "way" to read e-mails.
>
> Now I read e-mail using:
>
> FETCHMAIL to get e-mail from my ISP, it pass them to POSTFIX, and I read
> them using EVOLUTION.
>
> I would like to use PROCMAIL to store e-mail in different boxs, and then
> read e-mails with pine.
>
> The problem is: I do not know if I need to change postfix configuration
> to use procmail, and I do not know how to configure procmail..:(
>
> In my "main.cf" Postfix configuration file, is present the line below:
>
> mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

It's usually simply a matter of making sure your ~/.forward file contains
something magical.  See "man procmail"; it will tell you what you need
for it to work with Postfix.

Then, you may need to fiddle with a ~/.procmailrc to tell it where
procmail should put things (there's also "man procmailex" (for
examples) and "man procmailrc" (for help in configuration details)),
and finally you'll need to tell your email client where to find mail
and in which format (mbox vs. maildir) to find it.

- -