Re: CM8738 soundcard problem

Hei!

Ühel ilusal päeval [13-03-2004 13:09] kirjutas Bostjan Muller:
> Hi!
>
> I have just purchased a new sound card C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738
> which seems to have one problem. The sound it outputs is about 10db
> quieter than the previous cards I had. I have the autio output (just 2
> speakers) connected to the stereo and to achieve the same loudness
> (alsamixer/aumix set to the full), but the sound is still quieter.
> Is there anything I can do to make it output sound at normal loudness?
>
> I have played around with alsa's drivers and with standard OSS from
> kernel 2.4.23.
>
> I would appreciate any hint on how to make it output sound at normal
> loudness.

Are you using an amplifier or are you sending the soundcards signal
directly to the speakers?

This might be electrical issue. The output signal of your soundcard
should probably be amplified (by an amplifier of course) before sending
it to the speakers. Perhaps the soundcard has another output, where you
can get more powerful signal meant for headphones or smaller speakers.
Maybe your soundcard has a jumper, which can be used to turn on small
amplifier on your soundcard?

Juhan