CM8738 soundcard problem

Hi!

I have just purchased a new sound card C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738
which seems to have one problem. The sound it outputs is about 10db
quieter than the previous cards I had. I have the autio output (just 2
speakers) connected to the stereo and to achieve the same loudness
(alsamixer/aumix set to the full), but the sound is still quieter.
Is there anything I can do to make it output sound at normal loudness?

I have played around with alsa's drivers and with standard OSS from
kernel 2.4.23.

I would appreciate any hint on how to make it output sound at normal
loudness.

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller
--