Gnome help files can't be found

My system is Debian Woody, with Jamie Strandboge's Gnome 2.2 and Mozilla 1.4 backports, on a 1.8 GHz P4.

The Gnome help browser is apparently not able to access some of its help files.

For example, if I run the browser and select Accessibility - Gnome Onscreen Keyboard (GOK), I get the message

The document 'ghelp:/usr/share/gnome/help/gok/C/gok.xml' does not exist

but in reality that file does exist with permissions 644.

It appears that the ghelp: part of the file name is specifying a machine on the network, and that it needs to be set to point to the local host, but I don't know to do that (and why didn't it get set up when the package was configured?)

This is probably incredibly simple to those in the know, but I am new to Linux.

Help!

Jack Dodds

*/
/*