pam authentication based on group membership

Hi there,

I have libpam-ldap running with libnss-ldap just fine, now I want to have different user groups for the several services like imap, smtp and others. I have read the description for the libpam-modules, but none seems to solve the problem.

I want to have several groups eg smtp, imap, cvs and everyone in there would pass an authentication against the respective pam service.

As this seems a common problem, I was wondering if I am missing something? How would you allow different access to the several services using pam, based on group membership?
Or is there some other way of pam to be aware of different user pools?

tia
Stefan