Re: udev, scanner and memory stick

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:36:14AM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:50:13 +0100, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> >> One of the nice things about udev is that you can look for the differences
> >> in /dev when the device is loaded and when it is unloaded (at least for
> >> usb devices), and those are the device files that relate to the device.
> >>
> >> The usb devices are probably somewhere in /dev/scsi - when you find it,
> >> you should create a custom rule to give the devices a descriptive name
> >> somewhere.

Yeah, probably there. I just tried as root and the scanner worked. So,
it is a question of permissions again. But I don't want to start
changing permissions blindly. How can I dump the action to the screen
or to a file to determine what in /dev is doing the work?
The same probably applies to the memory stick. But that one still
hasn't been found, since all the mounting i used to do with a
script. The scanner was found by "xscanimage".

Thanks to all.