INSTALLING SCANNER & TROUBLE WITH GL

still...I'M BACK !!!

Hi, all...
To the point: I wanna ask you...

- How to install a scanner onto my Debian ( this
   question is being stuck in my head since I haven't
    got any better information on the web ). I'm using
2.   4.25-1-686 kernel and got old Acer VUEGO Scan
640P      connected via paralel port.
- Why do some games I've installed run so very slow ?
  This happens with almost all games that using OpenGL
   feature such as BilliarGL. Even Doom runs slow in
my    PC ( P4 2.4 GHz, 512 MB, i845G, 1024x768 16 bit
       display ). I've already set those games so they
took    minimal resorce but ... :-(

Thanx for your attentions and help.....
God bless ya...

___Welly___