AW: webmin-samba configuration problem

Could be a bug, I tried the same with the same result................. also I tried these lines in my smb.conf, which won't work either. I guess that's more or less the same way webmin tries to do it.

#synchronisation samba UNIX passwords
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Enter*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd: *all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
but the only effect it produces is that users can't even login???

I'm glad I only have a small domain with up to 50 users and machines, so I do all my user config by hand.

Would be good to get a smart guy to fix that.

Simmel

We are trying to establish whether this is an error on our part, or a possible bug with 'webmin-samba,' and if it is a misconfiguration at our end, any insight into solving the problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.