offlineimap + courier-imap, weirdness?

I am trying to use offlineimap and courier-imap together, but I keep on
getting strange results. The people inhabiting the offlineimap mailing
list are telling me that they've never seen the behaviour I am
describing[1].

All I am wondering is if anyone else is trying to use the Debian
packages of offlineimap and courier-imap, and whether that works as
excpected or not.

/M

1. http://lists.complete.org/offlineimap@complete.org/2004/03/msg00002.html.gz

Magnus Therning                 Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Phone: +31 40 2745179           (OpenPGP: 0x4FBB2C40)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick
to anger.
     -- J.R.R Tolkien