Re: Caps lock problem

Slaanesh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> In the Microsoft Windows world, one has to use the shift key to disable
> the caps lock mode whereas in the Unix world, and indeed under Debian
> GNU/Linux, one has to hit caps lock key again.
> I would like to know if someone could tell me how to configure my
> keyboard to act the Microsoft way instead of the standard way ?

Hi,

I think the Caps-Lock behaviour is primarily attributed to the country and not to the operating system.
My German keyboard-layout under Windows releases Caps when I press shift
whereas when I worked at a computer in the US it would require me to press Caps again to release it. Just did a quick check on my laptop (Novell Dos 7;-)) and it showed the same behaviour when I switched it to US-layout. Under Windows (2000) you can change that behaviour under Keyboard-Settings, in KDE (3.2) you can go to Keyboard Layout, Xbd Options and then scroll to the bottom to find Caps Lock behaviour.
If you want more ways to control the Caps-Key, check out this article:
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/23/TheAnswerGirl.pdf

Cheers
Mike

--