AW: sound card

Wayne Sitton wrote:

>I'm looking to buy a high end sound card to do alot of audio editing and
>such.  The Creative SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro seems to have everything
>I want.  I googled to see if there was any mention of wheather or not it
>will work under linux.  If anybody know if this will successfully run
>under linux, I'd like to know, or at least recommend another product of
>similar stature that is.
>
>Wayne

Wayne,

your doing a horrible mistake, Sound Blaster suxx. Check Terratec or
Midiman. Terratec has better hardware and they gave their sources to the
community, they're in close contact with the guys from Suse. Check the DMX
6Fire or EWX card, they work under linux for sure. Prices are okay... I'm
not sure for Midiman, but as they use the same chipset, it might be possible
that those cards will work too.

Greets,
Simmel