Re: disable bold font in gnome-terminal?

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:09:20PM +1030, David Purton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I disable bold fonts in gnome-terminal under testing?
>
> i.e., at the moment, ansi bold fonts are in a brighter colour and a
> bolder font. I find the bolding of the font annoying, since it makes
> Andale Mono (my terminal font - which btw does not a have a bold face
> installed) difficult to read.
>
> I just want the brighter colour without the bolder?
>
> Any ideas?

Oh man do I feel stupid!

I've been looking for this for ages and there is an "Allow Bold" tick
box on the first preferences tab :(

Bizarrely enough I found out about it not all the times that I spent
looking for this option in the preferences, but by reading the
changelog...

"Can't be helped," said Big Tiger.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a