Re: Caps lock problem

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:00:56PM +1100, Colin Bell wrote:
> [...]

Suddenly my mind flashes back to 1985 and my Mom's old Manual Typewriter
with the "CAPS LOCK" which would stay until one pressed the "Shift" key.

So long ago I can barely remember it, but the metaphors of typewriters
were "borrowed" to keyboards.  That's how I first understood "caps
lock".

I miss typewriters.  Anybody else here take typing on IBM selectrics in
Junior high?