Re: Gnome Desktop Configuration

Thomas G wrote:

Application "gnome-background-properties" (process 11384) has crashed
due to a fatal error.
(Aborted)

I've tried reinstalling gdm and gnome. It seems I have come up with nothing. Is there a way to fix this problem so I can get my desktop manager to work?

Thanks
Thomas

I had something similar happen to me. No matter what I did, my back ground was set by nautitus (dam broken behavior!). Any how... What I did was rename all the .gnome files in my home dir, removed and reinstalled nautilus, re-installed gnome (removing nautilus removes gnome desktop envirnment. I don't know what fix it, as I did all of it at one time. But it was fixed. HTH

P.S.
Yes I know about gnomeconf-edit and apps>nautilus>desktop>set to off. I should never have to look that deep to turn off such overiding behavior! Stupid broken designe IMHO. But like this guy, that ability was broken to reset. Enough of my rant on gnome. Aside from that, I realy kinda like it now.

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com