Re: spamassassin ?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, S.D.A. wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:40:36AM -0800 or thereabouts, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:19:11PM -0500, S.D.A. wrote:
> > > I have Exim running, with spamc activated via Exim (not procmail).
> > >
> > > Now, when I'm training SA, I've been using 'sa-learn' as the user that reads
> > > the mail. However since Exim is run as mail user, should I be running
> > > 'sa-learn' as mail user?
> >
> > Depends on your implementation.  If you're set up the way I am[1],
> > then you run spamassassin's utilities as yourself.
>
> Well like I said, my implemenation WAS running it from Exim. Now I
> believe Exim runs as mail-user. So the question was, should sa-learn be
> run as that user, when using _my_ implementation.
>
> Anyway, it's all moot, as I'm now using Spamprobe. After training it, I'm
> finding it better for _my use_ than SpamAssassin.

   Unfortunately, it is not moot to me. So, if you don't mind i will
pick up this thread. I STILL want to know how to run sa-learn so
that spam will be put into the system Bayesian database and not just
in my personal one.

   This is not just a personal problem. I have trusted users, to
whom i would like to give the ability to report spam on a system
level and inexperienced users that i want NOT to have that ability.
So an explanation would really be appreciated.

   Thank you for any clues.

sis

PS [OT - Off-Topic - at least, off my topic] Frankly, the concept of
"personal" spam database tokens is not clear to me. Shouldn't spam
be spam for everyone? If it is unsolicited bulk e-mail it's spam. It
doesn't matter if it's commercial, religious, political, etc. So, is
there some kind of spam that i may not be aware of, that can be
considered spam by one person and NOT spam by another?