Keeping unconnected systems updated

Note: I am not subscribed. If possible, CC to this address

Recently I lost my home connection to the Internet, leaving my three SID
machines stranded. At work I have access to an OK connection, and am allowed
use it for personal use after hours (hello, cron-apt). There is one machine
at
work, a small test server, running Debian SID, that performs nightly
updates.
What I want to do is use this machine to download updates for my home
machines,
which I can burn to CDs and take home.

Trouble is, of course, my home machines have different software installed,
and
different apt repositories in sources.list. What I thought of doing is
creating
one or more chroot "partitions" to perform this. While I've used chroot in
the
past interactively, I'm uncertain what I need to do for this kind of setup,
nor
am I positive this is the best way to go about this. What I'm looking for is
suggestions, how to do this, whether it is the best way, whether something
already exists to accomplish this.

Note: I've examined apt-proxy and it doesn't seem to fit this case because
my
home machines are not connected to the machine that would run apt-proxy.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Kenneth M. Power

p.s. Apologies if Outlook sends garbage with this message. Work prescribed
software
and all that.

 ARDEN COMPANIES
                  A Global Company
                     1964--2004
Celebrating 40 years of making your life more comfortable.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.

This OUTBOUND document has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.