Re: VNC on current running KDE desktop

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:33:28PM -0500, Thomas G wrote:
> Ive also been working on vncserver as long as a few other things on my
> current desktop linux box. How can I get a vnc server to run on port
> :0 and on the current X desktop. I have gotten VNC to work but it
> creates another x server. Also Im interested in doing dual monitor VNC
> (i run 2x horizontal spanned 17inch lcds) but thats only if its a
> must...  first id just like to get it working on the current desktop.

Because you are using KDE, you can also look into krfb. It's a KDE
standard app that you can access via "Desktop sharing" or something.
It's much faster than x0rfbserver, but does require user interaction on
the desktop you want to connect to.

So you can't just ssh in, startup krfb and connect to the display.

(Might have changed in KDE 3.2, I don't have it installed)

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix