mkisofs - unstable

Hi,

I am running unstable with a 2.62 kernel using the native ATAPI support in
favour of the deprecated ide-scsi for my cd writer. All works fine using k3b
to make music cd's but I get the following error when trying to burn a data
cd:

/usr/bin/mkisofs: Resource temporarily unavailable. cannot fwrite 2048*1

The above is from the k3b's error log. In k3b's progress window the following
error is written

mkisofs returned an unknown error (code 11).

Is the mkisofs  currently in unstable incompatible with the native ATAPI
support? or are others having success?

Thanks in advance,
R.J.P.