Re: ut2004demo

Thomas G wrote:
Will Maier wrote:

Thomas G wrote:

Well I was trying to get ut2004demo and I seemed to have a common error message others were missing. So i read some of the archives of this list and found that removing "/usr/lib/tls" might fix my problems... well it did not.

i've had a similar problem -- i assume you're running an nvidia card with the latest drivers installed? what version of the drivers? what graphics card do you have?

How can I get this back and how can i get ut2004 to work?

i am not sure you can get /usr/lib/tls back; i also found that advice when i ran into trouble installing the drivers, and instead of removing the folder, i moved it to /usr/lib/tls.OLD or something similar. it didn't seemt to adversely effect my system, however, so i don't know how critical it is.

i've found that (for some reason) i need to re-install the drivers almost every time i restart x. i have no clue as to why, but each time i reboot or startx, i get the "XLIB extension GLX..." error. installing the drivers before i run startx each time has worked. dunno why. give that a try; if your driver installer complains of mismatched GCC versions, you might be ok just plowing through it (it's worked for me) and ignoring the version problems.

Well I reinstalled my driver and I get the :
thogue@localhost:~$ ut2004demo
Could not load OpenGL library

History:

Exiting due to error
I've also gotten this error: moving /usr/lib/tls to /usr/lib/tls.OLD worked for me.

Good luck
wcm

thats it...

thanks for help so far