Re: Notify about using the e-mail account.

Hi Brad,

it *is* a virus mail. But the virus has been removed (see attached text, by the
list software?). The original attachment was of the .zip type, which can install
a worm on a Windoze system.

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:23:46PM -0700, Brad Camroux wrote:
> How are we to know this isn't a spoofed spam email trying to get us to
> download a virus? (no offense to the admin of debian-user)
>
> Brad
>
> On March 8, 2004 10:23 pm, administration@debian.org scribed:
> ad> Dear user of  e-mail  server  "Debian.org",
> ad>
> ad> We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your
>  computer may ad> contain viruses,  in order to keep your computer
>  and e-mail account safe, ad> please, follow the instructions.
> ad>
> ad> For further details  see the attach.
> ad>
> ad> In order  to read the attach  you have to use  the  following
>  password: 83433. ad>
> ad> The Management,
> ad>    The  Debian.org team
>  http://www.debian.org ad>

Regards
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!